Dear Readers: In my last post, My Best Friend, (Part 1), I promised you a list of ideas to write about and share with your designated caretaker and/or trustee of your Pet Trust. Here it is.
When creating a Pet Trust, I encourage my clients to draft a paragraph or two about their pet and describe how they want them to be cared for. Your specific directives can be included in your will or trust or can be attached as a separate document, along with a photograph. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Age, medical history and current veterinarian
- Personality, favorite foods and normal time for meals
- Favorite toys and activities
- How he/she interacts with other pets
- Lifestyle (indoors, outdoors, or combination)
- Transportation issues, i.e., fear of crates or traveling in the car
- How well he/she acclimates to a new environment
- Your thoughts about euthanasia and when it is time
Planning ahead by creating a Pet Trust for your loved ones provides peace of mind. Write and tell me something about your pet.
Interested in learning more? Give me a call at 775-392-4223 or email me at email@example.com.